sacreddreamcatcher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
sacreddreamcatcher

Native American Herb group

You are not connected. Please login or register

Strep Throat Prevention and Treatment for Children

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin

Strep Throat Prevention and Treatment for Children

I have a question about strep throat. My children were exposed at their preschool by another child last Thursday, and a note was sent home about it today. They do not seem ill, but I am feeling worried about it because we don't have health insurance. Could you recommend some herbal treatments to boost their immune systems?

Herbs and supplements:

Garlic capsules – natural antibiotic. 1 capsule 2x a day. Kids like to chew the garlic oil capsules. The ones that look like vitamin E.

Emergen C - high in C, bioflavonoids, mineral salts. ½ cup for kids, 2x a day.

Spirulina or green Magma for alkalizing the blood. 2-4 tablets a day, or add ½ tsp. to apple sauce.

Astragalus root - Increases energy and builds resistance to disease. Safe to take on a regular basis to boost the immune system.

DETOX-TEA These cleansing herbs detoxify on an emotional and physical level. Organic: Red Clover blossoms, Burdock root, Pau d’arco bark, Rosehips, Fennel Seed

Immune Boosting Foods:

Yellow and orange foods, yams, sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie, chicken soup with Astragalus root, or dandelion, Lemons are alkalizing, hot lemonade with honey and a little bit of ginger.

Add garlic and onions to spice up winter foods and for their natural sulphur properties.

From your garden or kitchen spice rack; Thyme, stimulates the thymus which boosts the immune system, and sage (antiseptic and antimicrobial) tea. Steep 1 teaspoon of each herb in 2 cups of boiling water for 20 minutes. Do not boil the herbs, just steep them which means to boil the water, take it off the heat, and let the herbs float in the water. Add honey and drink.

Avoid sugar, milk and ice cream

Eat Foods naturally high in:

Vitamin A – in fish oil and betacarotene rich foods carrots, orange squashes, pumpkins, etc., cayenne pepper (red hot blue corn chips, salsa), beet greens, spinach, and brocolli

Zinc – oysters, raw green pumpkin seeds, whole grains, brewers yeast, wheat germ, yeast

Vitamin C –Lemongrass, Hibiscus flowers, citrus fruits, red pepper, green peppers, guava, watercress, cherries

Color Therapy:

Breath in the colors Yellow and Orange

Aromatherapy

Tangerine for the 5th, throat Chakra, inhale and spray around the room and on linens.

Lavender essential oil disinfectant spray for toys, phones, etc.

To make the spray

add 40 drops of essential oil per oz of water.
Or have the lavender essential oil in a diffuser at home.

I am curious about how much Echinacea tincture to give them.

Tincture Dosages:

There are many factors that contribute to effective herbal dosages including weight, age, medications, overall health, and whether you are taking them preventatively or symptomatically.

Please call 208-883-9933 if you have questions.

The following are general suggested guidelines:

Adults 150 lbs.: 20 drops 2 x a day. Some herbs can be taken up to 1 teaspoon 3x a day diluted in water

*Children: Divide the weight in pounds by 150, and give that fraction of the adult dose. (Exp:child’s weight 50 lbs = 1/3 adult dosage) *”Clark’s Rule”

If they do end up contracting strep throat, what herbal remedies would be helpful then?

Elderberry syrup (simmer 1 cup berries in 3 cups of water until it reduces to 1 cup of liquid then add 1 cup of honey. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 months. add 1 tsp. to ½ cup of water, juice or soda. Take 1 tsp. directly I nthe mouth for a sore throat syrup.) or tincture (5 drops 2x a day.) can ease sore throats and has antiviral properties.

Slippery Elm throat lozenges to ease sore throat pain.

Herbs and supplements:

Grapefruit Seed Extract tablets or liquid. 1 tablet 2x a day or 5 drops in orange juice

Lavender tincture – 1 dropper 2x a day in water

Echinacea had natural antibacterial properties, but should only be used for a couple of weeks at a time. I recommend it mixed with equal parts of lavender tincture (10 drops of each 2x a day)

Foods:

Immune boosting foods as above

Water - 4-6 cups a day.

Essential oils:

Lavender essential oil bath

This information is for educational purposes only. You are responsible for the actions you take with the information your receive.

Dr. Linda Kingsbury
106 East Third St. # 3A
Moscow, Idaho 83843

https://sacreddreamcatcher.rpg-board.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum